Sunday, 23 April 2017

Original Prusa i3 MK2 upgrade kit to full printer - Power supply and test prints

I've temporarily (Will probably never be changed) attached my power supply to the frame.

Since there are no power supply mounting holes on my frame, and I'm not 100% sure where it is meant to have holes I opted for a more make shift solution

Yip, good old zip ties. Two of them to form a crude box shape so they sit flat on the front so as to not catch the X axis. There is also some strong double sided sticky tape between the power supply and the frame.

The MK2 is complete (well close enough) :)

Now for some test prints.

I grabbed the pre sliced examples from the mk2 site.


All printed fine. There are two "PRUSA" as one is ABS and the other PLA, the simple color changing eg (Prusa bottle opener) worked well, but I ran out of red PLA so ended up doing two filament swaps.



As a final stress test, I printed one of the 6 hours examples. NB it really took over 7!

It a little stringy in places, but nothing that couldn't be picked off later.

Over all very satisfied with this printers performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment