Saturday, 26 May 2012

Dark blue Prusa Iteration 2

I've been quite busy of late. I had to rebuild my Main computer after a dead Hard drive.  Back up your computer, regularly! (Do it now!) I had data backups but no full backup, so I'm still rebuilding...

Anyway, I met a local guy via trademe.co.nz. He purchased some Reprap PCB's then when he picked them up he noticed I had a working Prusa and also wanted a set of plastics in Dark Blue.

  
So here they are!

Under normal house lights they look somewhat purple.

My printer is finally printing without creating lots of strings!  These are straight from the printer, very little clean up.

The forums on the strings issue insisted that the slop between the driver gear and the large gear on the extruder causes strings.
Well that slop is still there and the problem has been fixed with software.

Unfortunately I can't say what exactly, the issue fixed itself when I switched from SFACT to slic3r. If you haven't tried slic3r, I highly recommend that you do! 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, they look great. Any chance of working out a deal for a similar set of parts to be shipped to the wairarapa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, you have let no way for me to contact you.

    ReplyDelete